We are an independent wholesale wallcovering distributor, specializing in contract commercial and designer wallcoverings.
Acoustical Wallcoverings Installation Tips
Before You Start:
- Strip the walls bare. Make sure all protrusions, wall plates and prior wallcoverings have been removed.
- Seal walls and put down a coat of primer. Take special care when applying over glossy, wooden, and concrete surfaces.
- Check over new acoustical wallcovering carefully for damage, imperfections, and incorrect sizing.
- Cut wallcovering to necessary length, leaving a couple inches on each end.
- Confirm direction of knap on each roll of wallcovering.
- Apply the premixed, undiluted clear adhesive to the wall, not the wallcovering. Wait until the adhesive is tacky, but not dry, before installing the wallcovering.
- Install strips by numerical sequence in sets of three, making sure the knap is the same direction for all.
- Check for problems before proceeding to each new set of three.
- Use a straight edge to trim to precise length. Using a new blade for each strip will provide the best results.
Please Note: These tips are provided as a courtesy only. Goldcrest Wallcoverings is not responsible for mistakes or damage as a consequence of use. Not intended for use in lieu of a professional installer. Always defer to the recommendations and instructions of the product's manufacturer over the tips provided here.